For 6-8 medium sized pizzas:
- 800g strong white bread flour
- 200g fine ground semolina flour / strong white bread flour
- 1 level tbsp fine sea salt
- 2 x 7g sachets dried yeast
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 650ml lukewarm water
– Add yeast and sugar to water, mix and leave for a few mins.
– Make a well in the flour and salt (mixed).
– Pour mixture into well and mix well with a fork.
– Knead dough for 10 mins.
– Flour the top of the dough, cover it with clingfilm and let it rest for at least 15 mins. – I left it for 6 hours and it became elastic and impossible to roll out, we think 30-45 mins might be optimum.
– Roll out the dough, add toppings and cook at 250’c until golden and crispy.
Can this all be done from the back of a moving Concours? Will the engine heat be enough for a nice crispy base?
We’ll have to try it this Friday!!!