This page is devoted to the planning, and fitting of Farkles to Luke’s new mistress (the one which he’s about to go on a first date with, then run away with for a dirty weekend).
A ‘farkle’ is a mixture of two words: ‘function’ and ‘sparkle’. In this case it’s applied to motorcycle accessories which are much needed additions to any well loved motorbike. Luke was very sensible in his choice of motorcycle and managed to find one which already has a good number of starting farkles already on it:
- Heated hand grips.
- Bar risers.
- Rear seat cowl.
- Rear luggage rack and rear bag.
- Side bags (panniers), with their mounting frame.
- Centre stand.
- Good quality touring tyres. (Michelin Road Pilot 4 GT, a good choice!).
In terms of personal accessories:
- Comms kit for his helmet. (Sorted for him by his lovely wife – Tania).
Well done Luke, that’s an excellent start. 🙂
Now for a list of other things to eventually work through and aim for (we’ll be ticking these off as he goes)…
- Tank bag? (Got to get a Givi Tanklock system bag, they’re ace!).
- Slip on cans. (I found the Delkevic ones to be excellent quality and also very affordable).
- Foot peg lowering brackets.
- Cellphone mount (RAM is the only way to go).
- Charging circuitry.
- Cruise Control / or at very least a throttle lock.
- Cramp buster.
- Anodised shorty brake levers (ideally really cheap ones from China)
- Grab handles for pillion mounted to tank. (Note, can’t be used at the same time as a tank bag…)
- Aux lights.
- Coloured LED lighting somewhere subtle.
- LED bulbs in absolutely every single place which you can put them.
We can add to this list as needed, I’m sure I have missed a heap.
I’m not quite sure how this next one is supposed to mount to his bike, but it sounds about right…